The main volunteer opportunity we offer in Buffalo is Friendship Partners. For the most up to date opportunities with ISI, contact Bruce or the ISI leader in Buffalo.
To become a friendship partner, we require volunteers to go through three steps:
- Complete a friendship partner application
- Submit a background check
- Attend a friendship partner training
- IFI carefully screens all of its volunteers, because the vast majority will interact directly with students.
- Your application is good for 5 years - This application is valid for a 5-year term, beginning on the date you submit it (we hope today!).
- One application per person - If you're married, and your spouse would like to volunteer, too (we hope so!), he/she will need to complete this application separately.
- If you have completed a new volunteer application in the past and would still like to volunteer, please let us know here.
For best results, please use a computer (not a phone) to complete this application form. Don't forget to press "submit" after you are done.